‘Second SNAP and Map’ Cards – Second 200 HF Words
New! SNAP & Map High Frequency Word Sets (replaces PTR’s older SNAP words.) These cards have been updated as of March 2023. They are coordinated with PTR Second Grade instruction. Intermediate teachers whose students have very low sight word recognition may want to purchase the ‘First SNAP and Map’ Cards as well. They also fit into 2nd and Intermediate PTR instruction.
Included in the set:
- Two pre-cut sets of high frequency words.
- Words separated into color coded sets by vowels and syllable structure into 5 color coded PTR "Sound Pools".
- Target word on the front of card. Phrase or short sentence on the back.
- Phrases and sentences are created using words in the set repeatedly.
- Words from a previous set are spiraled up and used in the next set.
- Mapping exercise on back of card. After reading students are asked to spell a portion of the word requiring them to 'map' the letters in the word for exact word representation.
- Non-phonetic words have the phonetic spelling in small print to assist with independent decoding practice. These cards have 'Screech' in the corner.
- Second or 3rd grade and above PTR teachers may want to order both sets.